epsilon n : the 5th letter of the Greek alphabet
Epsilon (uppercase Ε, lowercase ε; ) is the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet, corresponding phonetically to a close-mid front unrounded vowel /e/. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 5. It was derived from the Phoenician letter He * In set theory, the limit ordinal of the sequence \omega,\omega^,\omega^,\dots.
- In computing, the precision of a numeric data type and floating-point machine epsilon.
- In computer science, the empty string, though different writers use a variety of other symbols for the empty string as well, including the lower case Greek letter lambda.
- In physics, the permittivity of a medium.
- In physics/electronics, the EMF of a circuit
- In physics, the strain of a material (A ratio of extensions).
- In automata theory, a transition that involves no shifting of an input symbol.
- In astronomy, the fifth brightest (usually) star in a constellation. See Bayer designation.
- In the International Phonetic Alphabet, the open-mid front unrounded vowel, (but generally written ɛ instead of ε) as in the English word "pet" (/pɛt/)
- In astronomy, Epsilon is the name for Uranus' most distant and most visible ring.
- In chemistry, the molar extinction coefficient of a chromophore.
- In economics, ε refers to elasticity.
- In the popular web series "[Red vs. Blue]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_vs._blue", Epsilon is the name of the AI assigned to freelancer Washington.
- Epsilon in Malaysian Pale is the name of the second solo album released by Tangerine Dream leader Edgar Froese in 1975.
- Epsilon is also an Australian light-powered female-looking robot that fought Pluto in an episode of Astro Boy.
- Epsilon Eridani III is the planet that the spacestation Babylon 5 orbited in the eponymous sci-fi television series.
- E-104 Epsilon is also the name of a robot in Sonic Adventure.
- "Epsilon 9" is the name of the Federation space station consumed by the V'ger cloud in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- Epsilon is the name of an unlockable creature in the game Monster Rancher 2
- In Greek it is used for Epsilon Team.
- "Epsilon Mirror" is the name of one of Aika's moves in the video game Skies of Arcadia.
- Epsilon is the leader of the Rebellion in Mega Man X: Command Mission
- "The Epsilon Program" is a mysterious cult in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas by Game Developer Rockstar North. This cult is thought to be based on Scientology.
- The Epsilon Project is a fictional experiment mentioned in the Dreamcast and Xbox versions of Dead or Alive 2 and is based around cloning.
- Epsilon is the lowest of five social castes in the Aldous Huxley novel Brave New World.
- "Plan Epsilon" was one of many plans to restore Doctor Doom to life in the event of his death, as shown in Fantastic Four issue no. 246, written by Stan Lee.
- Epsilon-Eagle is the name of the protagonist in the Sega Mega Drive game Alien Soldier.
epsilon in Tosk Albanian: Ε
epsilon in Arabic: إبسيلون (حرف إغريقي)
epsilon in Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE): Ε
epsilon in Asturian: Epsilon
epsilon in Breton: Epsilon (lizherenn)
epsilon in Bulgarian: Епсилон
epsilon in Catalan: Èpsilon
epsilon in Welsh: Epsilon
epsilon in Danish: Epsilon
epsilon in German: Epsilon
epsilon in Modern Greek (1453-): Έψιλον
epsilon in Spanish: Ε
epsilon in Esperanto: Epsilono
epsilon in Basque: Epsilon (greko)
epsilon in French: Epsilon
epsilon in Irish: Eipsealón
epsilon in Scottish Gaelic: Epsilon
epsilon in Galician: Epsilon
epsilon in Korean: Ε
epsilon in Croatian: Epsilon
epsilon in Indonesian: Epsilon
epsilon in Icelandic: Epsílon
epsilon in Italian: Epsilon (lettera)
epsilon in Hebrew: אפסילון
epsilon in Georgian: ეფსილონი (ასო)
epsilon in Swahili (macrolanguage): Epsilon
epsilon in Haitian: Ε
epsilon in Kurdish: Epsilon
epsilon in Latin: Epsilon
epsilon in Lithuanian: Epsilon (raidė)
epsilon in Hungarian: Epszilon
epsilon in Malay (macrolanguage): Epsilonnah:Ε
epsilon in Dutch: Epsilon
epsilon in Japanese: Ε
epsilon in Norwegian: Epsilon
epsilon in Norwegian Nynorsk: Epsilon
epsilon in Low German: Epsilon
epsilon in Polish: Epsilon
epsilon in Portuguese: Ε
epsilon in Russian: Эпсилон (буква)
epsilon in Simple English: Epsilon
epsilon in Slovak: Epsilon
epsilon in Slovenian: Epsilon
epsilon in Serbo-Croatian: Epsilon
epsilon in Finnish: Epsilon
epsilon in Swedish: Epsilon
epsilon in Thai: เอปไซลอน
epsilon in Turkish: Ε
epsilon in Ukrainian: Епсилон (літера)
epsilon in Chinese: Ε